This page provides you with practical information about our practice. It includes descriptions of our office location, including a map and directions, hours, appointment scheduling, insurance acceptance and billing policies.
Alexandria Associates in Dermatology
1900 N Beauregard St., Suite 110
Alexandria, VA 22311
07:00 AM – 04:00 PM
We know you have many choices when choosing an dermatologist in Alexandria, VA so we have made requesting an appointment a simple and convenient process via our Web site. If, for any reason you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, or will be delayed, please call us as soon as possible.
Fees and Payments
Our fees are based upon the reasonable and customary charges prevailing in this area and take into account the complexity of a particular problem. Fees for a new patient visit or new problem are higher than for a routine follow-up because more time and resources are required to diagnose and treat new problems than an existing one. If you have questions regarding the fee for a particular problem, please feel free to ask our staff for clarification.
Payment for office visits and services such as biopsies, excisions, and cosmetic services are expected at the time of the appointment. Many insurance plans require co-payments and/or deductibles. You may pay with cash, check, VISA or MasterCard. We will collect these at the time of registration, prior to seeing the physician.
If you need a prescription refill, please call your pharmacy first. Many times there are additional refills patients are unaware of. Alexandria Associates in Dermatology requires 48 hours to process all prescription refill requests. Please take weekends into consideration as our office is closed on weekends. If a prescription needs a prior authorization from an insurance company, it will be handled in a timely manner. All insurance companies vary in the length of time it takes to process authorizataions.
Our office will not refill a prescription for a patient who has not b een seen in the last year. It is not appropriate to refill prescriptions for patients who have not had adequate follow up visits. It is important for our providers to be able to monitor patient progress and use of medications.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding regarding our prescription policies.
The Insurance Company and You
- We accept most insurance plans. Please confirm your insurance carrier with us when you make your appointment.
- Frequently, health insurance companies may pay only part of the physician’s fee and services. The extent of your benefits is determined by your individual policy. Please keep in mind that services have been rendered to you, the patient, not the insurance company, and you are ultimately responsible for any outstanding balance on your account. We allow thirty (30) days for submission and processing of insurance claims.
- We will gladly assist you with questions regarding claims with your insurance company. An account balance outstanding more than thirty (30) days is considered delinquent. If unresolved after (90) days, your account may be turned over to collections.
- Patients signing up for our patient portal will receive their monthly statements via the portal. No paper statements will be sent.
- We currently accept assignment from Medicare and participate with most preferred provider insurance plans. Please check with your insurance company to find out if our office participats with your plan or call our billing department for further guidance. The patient is responsible for any deductible and co-insurance balance.
- Credit cards (MasterCard, Visa)( American Express & Discover for amounts over $100)
- On-line credit card payments
- Personal Checks
APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING DETAILS
Schedule your appointment in one of FOUR easy ways:
- Phone: (703) 212-7546
- Email: AAIDerm@gmail.com(please state your preferred date, and time of day (AM/PM), and the provider you would like to see in your message)
- Patient Portal: For our established patients who have signed a portal authorization form allowing for electronic secure electronic communication with the practice
- Click the "Request Appointment" tab on any page of our website. Complete the request and "submit".
A “no show” fee of $25 is charged for appointments canceled less than 24hrs before the scheduled appointment time.
A non-refundable cosmetic deposit of $100 is collected at the time a cosmetic appointment or consultation is scheduled. This deposit may be applied to cost of your procedure (with the exception of aesthetician appointments)
FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
We invite you to visit our state-of-the-art practice. The comfortable and inviting reception area reflects the modern space you deserve. Our friendly staff will greet you and welcome you to our office.
After completing your patient demographics form (which is also available online and can be printed prior to your appointment), one of our clinical staff will escort you to an exam room to obtain information for your provider.
Our office uses electronic medical record technology to help with taking notes during your visit. A clinical team member will be present throughout the visit with your provider to:
- Outline important details recommended during your appointment
- Send prescriptions electronically to your pharmacy, so that you will not have to drop off your prescription. This allows us to easily send your prescriptions to your pharmacy before your visit is completed.
- Schedule your follow up appointment within the privacy of your exam room.
We also have 2 surgical rooms, which are used for in-house surgical procedures such as benign and cancerous lesion removals.
Laser technology is available to treat a variety of conditions. Our office has a Candela Gentlemax Laser used for laser hair removal and a Candela VBeam laser used for the treatment of veins, rosacea, skin tightening and other skin conditions.