COVID 19/CORONAVIRUS 2019 UPDATE (as of March 2021)
Thank you for your flexibility as Alexandria Associate in Dermatology navigates the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our office has resumed normal business hours (8am - 4pm) in our clinic. We monitor and enforce state and local health guidelines for the safe operation of our business. We observe social distancing norms, utilize personal protective equipment, and practice enhanced disinfecting techniques, which may occasionally delay some appointment times. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of our team and community, are our primary concern. Listed below are some of the measures that we are taking to ensure a safe environment:
- You will notice that our staff and providers will be wearing masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We ask that you wear a face covering while in our facility.
- Days prior to your in-office appointment, we will send you a text message to confirm your appointment time and remind you of the required documents needed to provide a “reduced contact” check-in process.
- Parents are welcome to accompany minor patients into the office. We ask all other non-essential guests to wait outside the office.
- We will be taking each client's temperature when they arrive at the office. We ask you to wait by the front door until one of our staff members can verify your temperature.
- Hand sanitizer will be widely available throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- We will frequently disinfect all office contact surfaces, including the reception area and exam rooms.
If you are in a high-risk health group, have been going into a workplace or social setting without protective measures, have possibly been exposed to someone with symptoms of COVID-19, have had recent commercial travel outside of the country within the past 14 days, or have a skin concern that can be managed remotely, we ask that you consider scheduling a telemedicine visit or that you wait to schedule your in-person visit at least 14 days after your potential exposure to COVID-19. This will greatly improve office safety for all and our capacity to see urgent cases, skin cancer screenings, and perform required procedures in-office. Our staff may suggest a telemedicine visit for you if the visit type is applicable.
Telemedicine live, synchronous, video visits can be made through medical insurance (standard copays apply). Telemedicine asynchronous, static, still, digital photos only (not video) visits without using medical insurance can be made for a fixed out of pocket fee. To schedule a live video telemedicine visit that could be processed through medical insurance during normal business hours, please contact our office at email@example.com or at 703-212-7546. You will be required to send still digital photographs ahead of your video visit, and insurance verification and copay collection will occur prior to scheduling. In order to schedule an asynchronous, static photo telemedicine visit outside of medical insurance at any time for a fixed fee, please click on the link on our home page called “Schedule on online only (virtual visit).” The following are ideal conditions that can be managed via telemedicine: follow-ups on stable, existing conditions, medication refills for stable conditions, acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, some minor warts that could be managed with at home therapy.
We look forward to seeing you and helping you with your skin health needs. As always, if you have any questions regarding your current or future treatment, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 212-7546.