COVID 19/CORONAVIRUS 2019 UPDATE (as of May 2020)
To Our Patients:
We hope this message finds you well. Thank you for your flexibility as Alexandria Associate in Dermatology has attempted to navigate these unprecedented circumstances.
After many weeks of restrictions on non-emergency medical services, Governor Northam lifted those restrictions as of May 1, 2020. As such, we will reopen on Monday, May 11, 2020 for routine, non-emergent care with added health and safety measures.
While our office will have normal hours (8am - 4pm), we will have limited staff and fewer, but longer appointment times in order to help observe social distancing norms and maintain our supply of protective equipment, which may delay some treatment times. Over the next few weeks to months, we will be expanding our appointment offerings to help all of our patients receive care in a timely manner. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this phased process, which is outlined below.
During the months of May and June, Drs. Bray, Edhegard, and Simpson will each be available for in-office appointments 3 days per week (in a manner that will have only two physicians in-office per day Monday-Friday). They will also be available for telemedicine visits at select, scheduled appointment times Monday through Fridays (scheduled by request through firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our aesthetician-based services, such as laser treatment, chemical peels, etc. may resume in June. If you have pre-purchased a cosmetic service at one of our Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 cosmetic events, the expiration of those purchases will be extended until September 30th, 2020.
We will have limited staff to answer incoming phone calls. We would greatly appreciate it if you can limit non-urgent correspondence to email email@example.com) whenever possible, and only send one message regarding the same request. Our limited, hard-working staff will be diligently addressing incoming messages, and they aim to provide you with a response within 24 hours of receipt.
Your health and safety as well as the health and safety of our team and community are our primary concern. Listed below are some of the measures that we are taking to ensure a safe environment:
- You will notice that our staff and providers will be wearing masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- We ask that you wear a face mask (homemade or medical) while in our facility. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide you with a mask.
- Days prior to your in-office appointment, we will send you a text message to confirm your appointment time and remind you of the required documents needed to provide a “reduced contact” check-in process.
- On the day of your in-office appointment, you can do “remote check-in” from your vehicle by sending us a text message when you arrive in the parking lot. In order to limit the number of people in our office and to maintain optimal social distancing, we will send you a text reply to let you know when you may enter the office. Parents are welcome to accompany minor patients into the office. We ask all other guests to wait outside the office.
- We will be taking each client's temperature when they arrive at the office. We ask you to wait by the front door until one of our staff members can verify your temperature.
- Hand sanitizer will be widely available throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- We will frequently disinfect all office contact surfaces, including the reception area and exam rooms.
If you are in a high-risk health or age group, have been going into a workplace or social setting without protective measures, have had recent travel outside of the state within the past 14 days, or have a skin concern that can be managed remotely, we ask that you seek a telemedicine visit. This will greatly improve our capacity to see urgent cases, skin cancer screenings, and perform required procedures in-office. The following are ideal conditions that can be managed via telemedicine: eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, some warts, follow-ups on stable, existing conditions, and medication refills. Our staff will be suggesting a telemedicine visit for you, if the visit type is applicable.
From July onward, Drs. Bray, Corsini, Edhegard, and Simpson will be available for both in-office and telemedicine visits. We will be increasing in-office and telemedicine appointment availability as conditions allow, keeping in mind that the course of this pandemic is still a fluid and evolving process and schedules could be subject to change.
We all look forward to seeing you again and helping you with your skin health needs. As always, if you have any questions regarding your current or future treatment, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 212-7546.